What You'll Do
As part of the Classified Network Services team you:
- Are a technical expert in at least one technology area with broad knowledge across networking.
- Drive customer satisfaction and take ownership for customer success.
- Identify, document and resolve issues reported by our customers.
- Solve problems of diverse scope and complexity where the problem analysis requires further evaluation of multiple factors and correlation of data.
- Work directly with a team of highly experienced technical experts in multiple technologies as well as closely with engineering.
- Will be working on an on-site shift rotation for a major public sector customer in Berlin as part of a delivery project with some of the main responsibilities including:
- - As part of the onsite operations team: Operating, maintaining and developing LAN, WLAN and SECURITY infrastructure including associated tools and technologies
- - Analyzing current processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- - Documenting the existing network infrastructure including equipment used, topology, as well as physical and logical links. Also including platforms, configuration and services.
- - Creating and maintaining production manuals including processes around monitoring, network management, and escalation, etc.
- - Ensuring an ongoing knowledge transfer between the customer and the support teams
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's government and enterprise customers receive personalized reactive services from a dedicated team of engineers as part of the CNS Service Team (Classified Network Support). Being part of the Customer Experience (CX) organization, Cisco CNS Germany provides third level support to differentiate our service from regular technical services and support.
The CNS team is currently expanding capabilities and as a new team member you will have the opportunity to work in a fun, challenging, diverse, and dynamic environment. Learning and sharing experiences is expected and part of the team's growth and start up culture, while we continue to build the team and customized services. Please note that the role is based in Germany. If you apply for the role from another country than Germany, a relocation will be necessary.
Who You Are
Besides the ability to work as a team member in a cross-functional environment, you possess:
- Ability to think and operate independently.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, to communicate effectively with customers.
- Fluent German and English language skills in speaking and writing.
- BS in a technical field or equivalent related work experience.
- Willingness to work on shift rotation.
Technical Expertise Required
Working knowledge of deploying or supporting Cisco Enterprise Routing and Switching (R&S) technologies. For example:
- LAN / WLAN technologies incl. Catalyst 6000 series, Virtual Switching System (VSS), NAC, IEEE 802.1x
- WAN/Routing technologies incl. Cisco ISR2900/3900 series, ASR1000 series and ASR9000 (IOS XR).
- Previous experience with security technologies such as IDS/IPS is a plus
- Previous experience in service, operations, or reactive support is a plus.
- CCNP level certification desirable.